Joint Pain Drugs Are Part Of The Opioid Epidemic!
If you suffer from chronic joint pain then I don’t need to tell you the misery it can cause you.
That pain never lets up, and it can be like wearing heavy chains that stop you from moving freely and enjoying even the simplest of physical activities that you used to enjoy.
Like a nice walk in the park.
Big Pharma Are Right there Ready to Profit from Your Joint Pain and Your Misery!
Of course the Big Pharmaceutical companies are ready to offer you their solutions.
At a price!
And I don’t mean just money.
Although that is what they’re after.
Here’s what I mean.
You see the joint pain drugs that Big Pharma pushes have a cost much more expensive than money, a cost that I will cover with you in just a minute.
Now I’ve covered the downside of taking Over the Counter Medications (OTC) in another article called “Why Should You Stay Away From Over the Counter Drugs for Joint Pain”.
So we won’t be talking about those here.
We’ll be looking at Sea Buckthorn Berry Powder.
Buy Sea Buckthorn Berry Powder at Lost Empire Herbs
Prescription Medications for Joint Pain
As the name suggests, these are controlled drugs that require a prescription from your doctor and they include.
- Oral steroids like cortisone or prednisone.
- Duloxetine (Cymbalta), an antidepressant sometimes prescribed for joint pain.
- Opioid pain medications like codeine and hydrocodone (Vicodin).
Now the cost that these drugs come with that I mentioned earlier is much more dangerous than hitting you in the wallet.
You see, they all come with some pretty nasty side effects.
Side Effects of Oral Steroids like Cortisone and Prednisone
Some common side effects you could experience if you take cortisone or prednisone are;
- Restlessness and sleeplessness,
- Nausea and vomiting,
- Skin issues like acne, thinning skin, sweating, redness,
- Excessive weight gain.
More serious side effects of cortisone or prednisone include;
- Allergic reactions like skin rash, itchy skin, hives, swelling of your face, lips, or tongue,
- Fluid retention,
- Heart failure,
- High blood pressure,
- Muscle weakness,
- Ruptured tendons,
- Peptic ulcers,
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas),
- Slowed growth in children,
- Severe allergic reactions,
- Mood swings and depression,
- Changes in vision,
- Eye pain,
- High blood sugar.
Side Effects of Duloxetine (Cymbalta)
Here are some of the common side effects you could experience if you take Duloxetine
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea,
- Dry mouth,
- Constipation and diarrhea,
- Decreased appetite and weight loss,
- Sweating or fever,
- Stomach pain.
And some of the more serious side effects of Duloxetine are;
- Liver damage,
- High or low blood pressure,
- Muscle rigidity,
- May increase your risk of bruising or bleeding,
- Skin blisters, peeling rash, sores in your mouth or hives,
- If you suffer from depression you could have manic episodes like greatly increased energy, insomnia, reckless behaviour, excessive happiness or irritability,
- Eye pain, changes in vision and swelling or redness in or around your eyes,
- Seizures or convulsions,
- Low salt (sodium) levels in your blood,
- Muscle weakness and feeling unsteady on your feet,
- Confusion, concentration problems, thinking or memory problems,
- Problems urinating.
Side Effects of Opioid Pain Medications like Codeine and Hydrocodone (Vicodin)
Some of the side Effects you could have from taking Opioid Pain Medications like Codeine and Hydrocodone are;
- Severe allergic reactions,
- Depression and mood swings,
- Changing vision,
- Eye pain,
- Fever or chills,
- Sore throat,
- Trouble with urinating or pain while urinating,
- High blood sugar.
And the elephant in the room that you need to know about opioids is that they are also highly addictive.
You see, opioid abuse and opioid addiction has reached the point that the problem is considered an epidemic.
In fact, 128 people die every day in the United States from opioid overdose.
Now I’m sure that after all of this bad news it has left you wondering if there is anything else you can do to help with your joint pain and if there is a better solution for you than risking any of these nasty and dangerous side effects.
Well, the truth is you won’t find get any other answers from Big Pharma. And they won’t endorse anything that they can’t make money out of.
That’s why you’ll never hear about a solution like Sea Buckthorn Berry Powder from them.
Good Nutrition Can Help Support Healthy Joints
You see, if you feed your body enough good nutrients it has the ability to heal itself and Sea Buckthorn Berry Powder is packed so full of nutrients that it is considered a superfood.
Here is a list of some of the nutrients contained in Sea Buckthorn;
- Vitamin C (1.35 mg per 1 gram),
- Vitamin B1,
- Vitamin B2,
- Vitamin D,
- Vitamin E,
- Vitamin K1,
- Zeaxanthin and Other -xanthins,
- Chlorogenic acid,
- Malic Acid,
- Tannin Acid,
Sea buckthorn berry powder is also loaded with a wide range of minerals and trace elements and is a great source of Potassium, Chromium, Copper, Manganese, Molybdenum, and Iron.
Benefits of Sea Buckthorn
As a superfood, Sea Buckthorn is packed with nutrition and when taken at the recommended dosage – 1 to 2 tablespoons a day – it has a wide range of benefits.
- Supports and promotes healing of your painful joints
- Promotes health in your immune system
- Anti-senility properties
- Anti-radiation effects
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Helps to reduce stress
- Protects your cells
- Protects your liver
- Supports regeneration of tissue in your body
- It may help your tooth decay through compounds that keep the mouth clean
- Sea buckthorn has strong antioxidant capabilities and is an adaptogen
- Supports health in your cardiovascular system
- Assists in keeping your blood sugar levels normal
If you’d like to learn more about Sea Buckthorn or you’d just like to try it for yourself, you can go over to Lost Empire Herbs.
Thanks for reading