Since I started writing about staying healthy as you get older, I have had many people ask me how to keep their energy levels high as they get older. Well, that’s simple, you can go keto.
Welcome to Moddose,
We are all about staying younger for longer. And if that means taking supplements every day, so be it.
What’s keto; I hear you ask?
Well, that’s a good question. Keto is short for the ketogenic diet.
And a ketogenic diet is a low-carb diet.
It changes how your body uses energy from blood sugar (glucose) to blood ketones (fat).
It eliminates the energy spikes and crashes that come with eating carbohydrates as your main energy source and gives you an even energy flow all day long.
Now that may sound simple, and it is, but it may not be so easy, and that’s because it can be quite difficult to give up carbs.
So let’s cover the part that may not be so easy for you in a little more detail.
Put, what your diet will look like, is a minimal amount of carbs, a moderate amount of protein, and most of your calories come from good, natural fats.
Here are some examples of carbs to avoid.
- Grain – Bread, oatmeal, cereal, crackers, rice, corn.
- Starchy Vegetables – Potatoes, squash, yams.
- Sugary Sweets – Cookies, ice cream, candy, soda.
- Sweet fruits – Bananas, pineapple, mandarins, fruit juice.
- Legumes – Soy and other beans, peanuts.
Here are some examples of protein to eat in moderation.
- Meat – Beef, pork (including bacon mmm), lamb, chicken.
- Fish – Fish with darker flesh is also a good source of healthy fat.
- Eggs – Also a good source of healthy fat.
Whenever possible, it is a good idea to avoid factory-farmed meat and farmed fish.
Choose organic, grass-fed, free range, and wild-caught whenever possible.
Here are some examples of foods with healthy fats.
- Organic, grass-fed, or free-range meat.
- Wild-caught fish like salmon, mackerel, and trout.
- Nuts (Note: peanuts are not nuts, they are legumes).
You see, it’s simple.
But if you find the lack of carbs too difficult, then there are other natural ways to increase your energy.
For example, you can regularly take pine pollen for a great boost in energy.
In fact, I supplement my ketogenic diet with pine pollen every day.
If you’d like to get more info about pine pollen or you’d like to try it for yourself, then you can do that at Lost Empire Herbs; click Here.
- What Are the Benefits of Using Pine Pollen Powder?
- Mind Lab Pro Review
- Onnit Alpha Brain Review
- Modafinil Giants
- Exercise and Nutrition
- Pine Pollen Megadose